The Senior Athletic Awards will take place on Tuesday, June 7th at 6:00pm on the Stadium Field.
Student-athletes and their families will be seated on the stadium field. Please bring your own chair for this event.
In the event of rain, this event will be held in the high school gymnasium.
A list of the awards and descriptions are as follows:
- 3M Award (Given to an athlete who has played a varsity level sport for at least 3 years.)
- VPA Scholar Award (Given to an athlete has a GPA of 3.5 or higher and participated in varsity level sport for at least 2 years.)
- Athletic Department Award (Established in 2011, is given to a Milton High School athlete who has participated in 3 seasons of a VPA recognized sport for each of the 4 years of high school. This award recognizes the hard work and dedication of the rare few who represent MHS athletic programs.)
- The NFHA Award Of Excellence (This award is given to one male and one female each year who best epitomizes the qualities of citizenship through their athletic and academic involvement in their school and for the positive influence they have on others to help elevate citizenship in their community).
- Outstanding Senior Athlete Award (This award is presented each year to the male and female in the senior class who has exhibited commendable behavior throughout his/her career and has represented Milton High School in an honorable manner. In addition, the winners must have established themselves in the eyes of the school and community as exhibiting excellent character and have used these qualities for the betterment of fellow participants.)
- The Ralph & Ella Ryan "Rising Star" Recognition Award (This award is presented in memory of Ralph & Ella Ryan who owned and operated Ryan’s Market, located across from the Milton Creamery, which served the dairy farms in the town of Milton. The award honors the athlete who has, over the course of his/her career, made the effort to make tremendous improvement in their chosen sport, and has become recognized as a “Rising Star” from the class of 2021.)
- Yellow Jacket Spirit Award (This award represents the diverse and meaningful contributions to the athletic program. The winners were selected based on outstanding dedication, initiative, motivation, and positive attitude. The recipients were “givers” to their athletic teams, athletic department, and their school.)